Withdraw Information

We here at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso are committed to helping students complete their education. There are many valid reasons why students choose to withdraw from their classes for the semester. Before making your final decision please let us know so that we can determine if there is something we can do to help you stay enrolled. Withdrawing for the term may impact your time for completion, your financial aid status or eligibility, or even result in owing funds back to the institution or federal government.


We would encourage you to contact your Office of Student Affairs to discuss further:


Still Wish to Withdrawal?

Prior to First Day of Class: If you only want to drop one or two classes but keep your others, you can do so by the deadline for that part of term on the MyTech El Paso tab of WebRaider Portal.

After Census Day: You may not be able to drop if you have registration holds, or if you have used all of your allowed drops per the State (undergraduate programs)

Withdrawing will result in ALL classes being dropped for that term and your student account may be inactivated. Undergraduate students contact your Office of Student Affairs to get readmission information.

If you withdraw early in a term, a partial refund may be available, depending upon the date of withdrawal. For refund information, visit student business services Student Business Services.

If you have financial aid and you withdraw, your aid may be reduced or cancelled for the term. This could also impact your eligibility for aid in future terms. Please visit with the financial aid office Student Financial Aid to review your options.

If you receive Financial Aid contact them at Student Financial Aid
All holds need to be resolved prior to withdrawal. Holds may be viewed by accessing your WebRaider Portal.

If you withdraw after the 12th class day, a grade of W will be assigned to all courses. This grade is non-punitive and will not affect your GPA.

If you still find it necessary to withdraw from the university, contact the Office of Student Affairs to discuss the deadlines.

The academic calendar will show the deadline for withdrawing from the overall term. Important Institutional Deadlines.