State Employee Charitable Campaign
The State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) is a statewide annual giving campaign that Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) and the Texas Tech University System participate in each year.
The SECC was created by legislation in 1993. The first campaign was run in 1994, and raised $2,027,751. In 2013, the campaign celebrated its 20th anniversary and through the efforts and generosity of many state employees, the campaign exceeded $9 million in donations for more than 500 charitable organizations. The Texas campaign is one of the largest state employee campaigns in the nation — and it’s still growing! State employees have so generously given to the SECC because:
- It's an easy, effective, and cost-efficient way to give to charity.
- Our contributions help improve the quality of life for people in communities locally, across the country, and around the world.
- The campaign supports a wide variety of vital health and human services.
- All charities in the campaign must meet strict eligibility criteria.
- The campaign is for state employees and is governed by state employees.