The primary role of the adviser will be to provide residents an impartial party to address their concerns regarding their training without fear of retaliation or intimidation. The advisers are faculty from different departments who have been elected by your representatives and chosen due to their character. Below you will find a more detailed list of the services that will be provided. We sincerely thank you all for your hard work and dedication.
GME Resident Adviser Services:
- Hear issues and concerns.
- Clarify policies and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate options for managing and resolving conflicts.
- Identify and facilitate avenues of communication.
- Connect with the appropriate individuals at the trainee’s request.
- The GME resident’s adviser must report any EEOC/Title IX concerns to the university title IX coordinator.
- The GME resident adviser must report any American with Disability Act or discrimination claims to the appropriate office for investigation.
- The GME resident adviser will maintain the privacy of the identity of residents and fellows who do not want their identity shared to the greatest extent possible.
- Katherine Hartl, M.D. - Katie.Hartl@ttuhsc.edu
- Ryan Campbell, M.D. - Ryan.R.Campbell@ttuhsc.edu
- Christopher Castaneda, M.D. - Christopher.Castaneda@ttuhsc.edu
- Prakrati Acharya, M.D. - Prakrati.Acharya@ttuhsc.edu
You can contact them directly via email in no particular order at your preference.