Student Counseling Services
TTUHSC El Paso counseling services are available through students’ payment of the Student Services Fee and Student Medical Fee. These resources are provided to enhance wellness by providing you the opportunity to manage life’s problems before they become serious and impair your academic and professional performance.
As of academic year 2022-2023, both on-campus (Student Support Center) and external third-party counseling providers are available to all TTUHSC El Paso students. Regardless of the provider you choose, know that confidentiality is assured; TTUHSC El Paso schools do not receive information about any student participation with any mental health provider.
If You Are Experiencing a Crisis
If you are a student in immediate crisis and one of the following applies to you:
- You feel in immediate danger of harming yourself.
- You feel in immediate danger of harming someone else.
- You have recently been assaulted or had a traumatic experience.
Please do one of the following:
- Call 911 – you will be connected with the police who can help you get emergency services.
- Call the Emergence Health Network at 915-779-1800. This is a 24-hour service available to students and residents experiencing a mental health crisis.
- During regular business hours (M-F 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.), the Student Counseling Center has therapists available to speak with you for a crisis appointment. Students are also encouraged to walk in to the SSC for crisis services, no appointment needed.
- Visit the following at your own expense/insurance:
University Medical Center
El Paso Psychiatric Center