General FAQs

  • How can I contact the GGHSON?

210 North Concepcion
El Paso, Texas 79905

  • How do I get to the GGHSON?
    TTUHSC El Paso Campus Map

  • Is the GGHSON accredited?
    The master's degree in nursing at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education: www.ccneaccreditation.org.

Admission FAQs

  • What does a competitive GGHSON M.S.N. applicants look like?
    Each applicant is unique, but there are some features that many successful students share. In addition to demonstrating academic excellence and aptitude for demanding graduate coursework, successful candidates can clearly articulate the role for which they are applying and demonstrate an understanding of both the daily responsibilities as well as prominent issues for the practice of nursing. The Admissions Committee reviews each component of the application and considers the applicant’s potential for leadership and advancing practice through scholarship, service, and education.
  • Is there an expiration on previous coursework?
    All previous coursework will be considered. The M.S.N. curriculum will build on foundational science and nursing courses and therefore, your continued understanding of covered material is critical. This is especially important if coursework was completed more than five years prior to applying to the M.S.N. program.
  • Does the GGHSON require any prerequisite courses?
    Yes. All applicants are required to have completed a three-semester-credit-hour or four-quarter-credit-hour Statistics course at an accredited college or university. Please see Admissions Requirements.
  • Can I take the prerequisite course at a community college or online?
    Yes. The prerequisite course can be completed at any regionally accredited college, university, or community college.
  • Must I have completed the prerequisite course prior to applying to the GGHSON?
    No, but evidence of successful completion will be required prior to starting coursework.
  • If I do not have a bachelor’s in nursing, may I still apply?
    Please contact the GGHSON Office of Student Affairs for additional information.
  • Is the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) required?
    Not at this time.
  • Is there an application deadline?

    Yes.  Please visit How to Apply for additional information.

  • Is financial aid available?
    Yes. Applicants interested in applying for financial aid (student loans, grants, etc.) must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http:/www.fafsa.ed.gov. To be eligible for scholarships offered by the GGHSON, you are required to have a completed FAFSA on file.
  • Are scholarship opportunities available?
    Yes. Contact the GGHSON Office of Student Affairs for additional information.
  • If I am offered admission, can I defer my acceptance to another semester?
    If you are concerned about your ability to start in the semester admitted, please contact the GGHSON Office of Student Affairs.

Program-specific FAQs

  • Is full-time study available?
    Not at this time. The M.S.N. program is designed as a part-time (six academic-credit-hours per semester) program of study offered in a online format.
  • Will I be required to come to campus?
    While are you are not required to attend courses on campus, course faculty are accessible to you to provide guidance and support.
  • Will I be required to enroll in courses over the summer session?

    Yes. Coursework is continuous through each academic semester.

  • What is the cost of the program?
    Estimated tuition and fees are available at http://ttuhscep.edu/fiscal/businessaffairs/studentbusserv/resources/tuition-and-fee-estimates.

Contact Student Business Services at 915-215-5680 or email at SBSElp@ttuhsc.edu with any questions.