American College of Surgeons Medical Student Membership
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) provides a medical student category of membership. Membership benefits include:
- Advocacy work for you and your patients at both the federal and state levels.
- A major visibility program to enhance your public image, underscoring why surgeons are an essential and integral part of this country’s health care delivery system.
- Robust research data and programs focused on outcomes and other quality issues.
- Monthly periodicals and freestanding publications.
- Scholarships and Fellowships.
- Educational programs to help you stay up to date and ahead of the curve while meeting your continuing medical education requirements.
- Active committees for all members including young surgeons, surgical residents, and medical students.
- Insurance products and many other benefits.
Before you apply:
- Your current contact information.
- Letter of recommendation from department chair, contact Dianne Saucedo for the letter.
- Information about your military service, if applicable.
- There is a $ 20 fee.
- Enter the ACS website.
- On the home page click on Member Services.
- Select Become a Member.
- Select Medical Student.