Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD)
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Before you begin planning your education, collect information from all planners, faculty, and others who would be in positions to control content. Ask them to provide information about all their financial relationships with ineligible companies over the previous 24 months. There is no minimum financial threshold; we ask that you disclose all financial relationships, regardless of the amount, with ineligible companies. You should disclose all financial relationships regardless of the potential relevance of each relationship to the education.
An ineligible company is any entity whose primary business is producing, marketing,
selling, re-selling, or distributing health care products used by or on patients.
For specific examples of ineligible companies visit accme.org/standards.
Financial relationships are relevant if the following three conditions are met for
the individual who will control content of the
- A financial relationship, in any amount, exists between the person in control of content and an ineligible company.
- The financial relationship existed during the past 24 months.
- The content of the education is related to the products of an ineligible company with whom the person has a financial relationship.
Before the learner engages in the education, disclose to learners the presence or absence of relevant financial relationship for all persons in control of content.
Forms and Resources:
- CME Frequently Asked Questions
- Planning Guidelines
- Professional Practice Gap Examples
- Baseline Fees for Certification of CME and Administrative Services
- Administration of Duties
- Planner's Checklist Template
- Performance in Practice Structured Abstract
- Limited Time Special Fee Schedule CME-CNE 5.21
- Joint Disclosure Form