All applicants will be reviewed in an individual and holistic manner. No single factor will determine a student's admission. Academic criteria (cumulative GPA, grades earned in science courses, and failed/repeated courses) are important factors in admissions consideration. Below are the academic admissions considerations for the R.N. to B.S.N. track:
Admission Requirements for applicants with an RN license
- A 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for nursing prerequisites is required to be considered for admission. Cumulative GPA is calculated and includes the 52 credit hours of required prerequisite courses and 38 credit hours of nursing courses.
- All pre-requisite coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to enrolling in the first nursing course.
- At the time the application is submitted, all applicants must have completed a minimum of 84 out of the 90 credit hours required for admission.
- If applicable, test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) score. Must have a minimum score of 20.76 on all sections: (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) with a minimum total score of 83 to be considered for admission.
- Students must have an unencumbered RN license.
In addition to the required prerequisites, students receiving a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from TTUHSC El Paso must satisfy the coursework requirements of the TTUHSC Core Curriculum (CC). For more information, click here.