Resident Assistance Program (RAP)
24-Hour Available Resources
El Paso Psychiatric Center University Medical Center
4615 Alameda Ave. 4815 Alameda Ave.
El Paso, TX 79905 El Paso, TX 79905
Emergence Health Network
Frequently Asked Questions
- The PLFSOM Department of Psychiatry offers the residency assistance program (RAP) to residents and fellows and their immediate family members living under the same household.
- The program is intended to help with a wide variety of personal issues including relational, family, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral problems.
- The RAP is focused on providing assistance to residents/fellows experiencing difficulties that are beyond their ability to manage. It allows them to seek assistance before the problem affects their educational or job performance.
- The RAP does not include services for alcohol and drug abuse (please refer to Substance Abuse Services below).
- Financial and legal issues are not included in this program.
- The services are provided at the department of psychiatry located in the basement of the El Paso Psychiatric Center, 4615 Alameda Ave. El Paso, TX 79905.
- To expedite entry to the center, the resident/fellow identification badge should be evident.
- Participants may self-refer or program directors may refer.
- By contacting the TTUHSC El Paso Department of Psychiatry, a patient services specialist at 915-215-5865, or the clinic supervisor at 915-215-5867 (M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- When a resident/fellow calls for an appointment, the request is given top priority.
- All calls are strictly confidential.
- Session duration is 60 minutes.
- Five sessions are allotted for residents/fellows and immediate family member.
- Scheduling is based on participant’s availability or acuity, and ranges in frequency depending on the case.
- The participant will receive psychotherapy services provided by a licensed mental health clinician.
- The participant is discharged after the 5th session.
- If in the therapist’s professional opinion the participant requires further intervention, a list of community resources will be provided.
- Should special clinical circumstances arise, and based on the provider’s discretion, an extension of services may be considered on an individual basis.
- No information will be released to supervisors or program directors without the participant’s written authorization, and the information released will be limited.
- The participant is referred to a physician on his/her insurance panel or to a physician in the TTUHSC El Paso Department of Psychiatry based on the participant’s preference.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to make the appointment for medication management.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
- Al-Anon support group for families of individuals with alcohol issues: 915-562-4083
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Centers El Paso: 915-401-7269
- Aliviane Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Services: 915-779-3764
- Alternatives Centre for Behavioral Health: 915-757-7999
- Nava Counseling Services at Las Cruces, NM: 575-524-2505
- New Beginnings (Adolescents) Outpatient Services: 915-771-0990
- Sun West Behavioral Health Center: 915-544-3500
- University Behavioral Health (UBH): 915-544-4000
- The Texas Solutions Referral System: 865-226-9768