Foreign-Trained Dentists

Hunt School of Dental Medicine does not currently support an international dental program. 

Due to the unique structure of its curriculum, Hunt SDM does not admit advanced standing students. Any individual who wishes to enroll at Hunt SDM, including foreign-trained dentists must apply through TMDSAS to the undergraduate dental program. All individuals, regardless of previous training, must begin in the first year of dental school.  

As a foreign trained dentist OR an international student (must be a US. Citizen or Permanent Resident) wanting to apply to Hunt SDM, all pre-dental requirements must have been completed at a regionally accredited U.S. or Canadian university/college.  Please reach out to TMDSAS to confirm regionally accredited US or Canadian college coursework. 

Foreign coursework will not count toward meeting any of the prerequisites, even if transfer credit has been awarded by a U.S. or Canadian school.  

All individuals interested in applying to the Hunt SDM DMD program must follow the pre-requisite requirements found in the “Application Requirements” tab.