Project Management Office
The Project Management Office ensures the institution is compliant with state law and serves as the center for all Information Technology project initiatives. It facilitates the progress and success of Information Technology projects from beginning to end through the use of project management methodologies, processes and standards.
- Project requestor completes Project Intake Form.
- Project request is reviewed.
- Project requestor submits proposed project to PMO Office
Submit a Project Request
Note: Please use Chrome, Firefox or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer will generate an error message when submitting request.
- Project request undergoes prioritization process.
- Assigned project manager schedules meeting with project requestor to discuss project and technical requirements, and drafts project charter.
- Project manager sends finished project charter to project requestor for review.
- Project sponsor accepts and authorizes project charter.
- Project start date and timeline are sent to requestor.
- IT begins project and planning of resources.
What is a PMO?
A Project Management Office (PMO) is a group or department in an enterprise that establishes and implements best practices and maintains standards related to project management, planning and execution. The PMO also serves as an organization's central hub for project documentation, guidance and success metrics.
Why the need for a PMO?
- IT Policy 56.20.03 - Project Management
- Aligns project objectives with organizational goals, strategy and mission.
- Enables sharing of resources, methodologies, tools and techniques for project success across the enterprise.
- Integrates data and information from strategic projects and supports the balanced scorecard.
- Provides support to IT staff to ensure the success of technology initiatives for TTUHSC El Paso.
- Fulfills state requirements - Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Title 1, Part 10, Chapter 216, Subchapter C
- Dental Simulation Lab
- MSBII Datacenter Infrastructure
- Elentra Software Implementation
- Metasys 10.0 Server Upgrade
- Next-Generation Firewalls Implementation