Dear TTUHSC El Paso family:
We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation in our area. As you may be aware, the City of El Paso recently lifted their self-isolation requirement related to travel. In consideration of this, we now have updated our travel advisory as follows.
Any person traveling internationally for personal reasons:
- MUST report travel to the President’s Office at PresidentELP@ttuhsc.edu prior to departure and
- Complete a 14-day isolation period upon return to El Paso before returning to campus.
These restrictions continue to apply to travel to Ciudad Juárez.
Any person placed on 14-day isolation because of recent international travel or exposure to someone with known or suspected COVID-19 infection MUST notify the Office of Occupational Health at ElpCovidResponse@ttuhsc.edu. These individuals will receive daily calls to:
- Determine if they are properly self-isolating.
- Assess if they have symptoms and need further evaluation.
- Inquire about any needs.
IT’S IN YOUR HANDS
Please remember the most important things you can do to prevent COVID-19 for yourself, your friends and family are:
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wash your hands often (20 seconds with soap and water).
- Wipe down surfaces.
- Social distancing (stay six feet away from others).
We’ve previously shown we’re El Paso Strong, now let’s show we’re El Paso Smart.
Richard Lange, M.D., M.B.A.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso