TTUHSC El Paso leadership is closely monitoring the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and working with the Texas Tech University System to ensure our campus community remains safe. We are committed to keeping our students, faculty and staff informed with updates on operational phases, local protocol and safety measures.
Effective June 1, 2021, TTUHSC El Paso will return to normal operations (i.e., Phase I). This means all employees should be back to campus, regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to follow and implement CDC guidelines as they are updated.
- Fully vaccinated people (i.e., >2 weeks after final dose) are no longer required to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting on campus. Such measures are optional for these individuals.
- Masks and social distancing are still required in the hospital and clinics in patient care areas.
- Unvaccinated and vulnerable individuals (as defined by federal guidelines) can resume public interactions, but should wear masks.
- All team members should consider minimizing time spent in crowded environments.
- Continue to avoid physical contact, including handshakes, hugs and typical greetings.
- Small and large venues can operate without the need for social distancing.
Continue to Use Safe Hygiene:
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Additionally, those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 are asked to fill out the online screening tool here.